Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's Just Too Silly!

"It's just too silly!" as Violet says.

Silly me, I've been forgetting to write to you, oh breaders! So sorry.
We opened. Went fabulously. Tho too chilly. Too, too silly and too, too chilly. But the play has been holding its own through any version of weather. Even a bit of rain in "hell" the other night. Interesting, eh? The last few nights have been gorgeous. It's supposed to just get nicer all through the weekend. So come on out!

The day before opening, my yoga teacher read this poem to us. It made me think of "Man and Superman", particularly the end, when Ann tells Jack to "go on talking". "Talking!?" he says, then everyone on stage laughs. What else can one do, but laugh?

It's from the 14th century, translated from the writer Hafiz:

Someone Should Start Laughing

I have a thousand brilliant lies
For the question:
How are you?

I have a thousand brilliant lies
For the question:
What is God?

If you think that the Truth can be known
From words,

If you think that the Sun and the Ocean

Can pass through the tiny opening
Called the mouth,

O someone should start laughing!

Someone should start wildly Laughing –
Now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I saw Man and Superman last Friday night and absolutely had a blast. Besides the fact that the performance was fabulous, it was an experience I have been waiting for, for years. My sister was named for it! All during my childhood, my parents were always trading G.B.S. quips, and when people would inquire about my sister's name being Rickey, they misunderstood about the "Rickey Ticky Tavey" reference. What fun it was to finally see the play performed!
I agree, it was so chilly it was silly, but lucky for me, my date never gets cold, so I could wear my sweater and both our jackets. Didn't a famous author comment that the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco? :)
Thanks for a wonderfully memorable evening, weather or not. elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Your yoga teacher reading you poems, he must be a dreadful teacher if he fills his time with that sort of nonsense.